Position Vacant – HEAD CHEF
About us & the role:
Sauce Brewing Co is one of Australia’s most exciting craft breweries. We love big, bold flavours and we’re all about diversity and creativity.
Our new brewpub is in the heart of Cairns, with unique and rotating beer taps, a carefully curated spirits and cocktail list, and delectable gastro-pub style food menu.
Our current head chef is making a move away from Cairns, so we are looking for a new legend to take over the kitchen.
As the key person responsible for the kitchen, you’ll manage the team, the suppliers, the menu, and most importantly, the quality of the food.
The successful candidate will be highly motivated, with a proven track record of managing small to medium-sized kitchens.
This role reports to the venue manager.
- Menu development, semi-regular updates, weekly specials
- Ensure that all food is prepared and served according to high standards.
- Ensure portion control and all recipes are followed as per specific requirements
- Sourcing and ordering food items and materials, managing inventory
- Ensure the correct storage, proper rotation, and utilisation of all food items in the kitchen and storerooms
- Ensure efficient operation of the kitchen by controlling costs and minimising wastage
- Maintain all kitchen equipment in good working order
- Maintain hygiene to a high standard and to comply with regulations and health inspections
- Ensure an excellent standard of grooming, dress standard and personal presentation is maintained to a consistently high standard of professional appearance
- A passionate and enthusiastic food lover.
- Proven experience running a busy kitchen
- Energy, enthusiasm, positivity – and bucket loads of it!
- Time management and ability to prioritise tasks
- Strong communication skills.
- An unwavering focus on occupational health & safety
- Permanent visa holder or Australian resident
What we offer:
- Autonomy, a great team, discounts on drinks and takeaways, and a lovely new kitchen.
- Competitive salary and Hospitality Award Conditions.
We believe in the importance of work life balance and value the need for a positive company culture to support this. We have high expectations of ourselves and each other.
Please note, only successful candidates will be contacted.
To apply please send your resume, along with a cover letter telling us why you’d be perfect for the role, to firstname.lastname@example.org