Position Vacant – HEAD BREWER
About us & the role:
Sauce Brewing Co is one of Australia’s most exciting craft breweries.
Our main brewery is in the heart of Australia’s craft-beer capital – Marrickville in Sydney’s inner-west.
We are a small team of passionate people, producing some of the best beers (we think) this side of Pluto. We have a solid core range and a regular special batch program. Sauce is well established and enjoys a strong brand presence nationwide.
Our current head brewer is making a sea-change and moving away from Sydney, so we are looking for a new legend to head up our brewing and packaging operations.
As the key person responsible for beer, brewing and packaging, you’ll lead the team, manage the brewery itself, and liaise with the managers and teams responsible for other elements of the business. You’ll be ultimately responsible for our core range, plus new and innovative limited releases, with a focus on quality, consistency, processes, and people.
The successful candidate will be highly experienced with a proven track record of managing small to medium-sized breweries.
This role reports directly to the CEO.
- Running the production side of the brewery
- Managing the brewing and packaging operations
- Managing brewing and packaging teams
- Recipe Development
- Quality control
- Ingredients and materials management (purchasing and stock control)
- Record keeping and process management
- Forecasting and planning
- Equipment maintenance
- Working closely with other people in the business
- Representing the business at events
Minimum Skills Required
- A passion for beer and a complete understanding of the brewing & packaging processes
- Several years’ experience in a technical brewing position, with management experience
- Experience with brewery management, process and QC systems
- Experience with production planning and inventory management
- Fanatical about cleaning, sanitation and quality control
- Able to perform basic maintenance on equipment
- Creative and able to develop new and innovative recipes.
- Highly organised, diligent and responsible, able to multi-task, prioritise and self-manage
- The ability to talk about beer and to share knowledge with staff and customers
- The ability to train and nurture your people
- Practical with a hands-on “can do” attitude
- Strong understanding of OH&S in a brewery environment
- Manual driver’s license, RSA, forklift license
- A positive attitude and strong work ethic
- Formal brewing qualification (IBD Diploma or equivalent)
To apply please send your resume, along with a cover letter telling us why you’d be perfect for the role, to email@example.com